Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thievin' Joy Thieves



I choose joy.
Today.
I choose joy today.
Tomorrow,
I will choose again.
Joy.


Thieves will come.
Thievin' joy thieves.
What shall I do with a joy thief?
That is my choice.

Will I set him a seat at the table?
Will I give the thief a key?
Will I open the door and ask him in?
It's really up to me.

(I rhymed--cute, huh?
...that's what joy can do ;)




I chose poorly long ago.
Yesterday.
and other yesterdays.
Yesterday is not today.
Today is the day of joy.


I will fling open the shutters
and let in the breeze,
but I will not open my door
to the thief of my joy.





1 comment:

  1. yep...that is called swimming...not floating....not drowning! SWIMMING! And by the way, you do have rights, legal rights and I think you should know your legal rights in this culture, not just the legal rights in the hebrew culture.

    ReplyDelete