Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Staying together for the expectations of others...

My oldest daughter just broke up with her serious boyfriend of four years. They've been talking marriage almost that long. She says they've been ignoring the signs for some time, and that they kept putting off breaking up partially because of "what everyone else expects" of them.

Interesting timing once again . . .

right after my realization today that a major problem with Todd & I back when the Charlie episode happened--back when we probably should have separated--was the fact that we were so entrenched in a world that didn't see us as individuals.


1 comment:

  1. For whatever it is worth, "what will people think" is a social boundary. The "village" so to speak has it's benefits to society. What would "GOD" think is always the better boundary. We need to do the 12 step recovery process almost every day. Ask the amazing "GOD" of the universe to help you do the NEXT RIGHT THING! That is not necessarily the easiest thing to do! If all I do is keep pointing you to the "ONE" who has the answers for you, then I am doing my part! You are known! The thing I have learned really well, lately is: that the God of the universe is only going to light the path at your feet! You are swimming, remember? not drowning, not floating, not treading water! SWIMMING! and your path is unfolding as fast as you are willing to swim. I love your courage! Don't you feel Alive? Lean on "Emmanuel", God with us.!

    ReplyDelete