Sunday, January 9, 2011

'Appy New Year! (subtitle: Will Todd & Bridget Make it Through Another Year?)

I really want to blog more in 2011, but I'm off to a pretty apathetic start. Trying to fight the depression that's got me teetering on the verge of giving up on most of life's ambitions.

Right now the prevailing challenge seems to be staying married. Even though the gulf between Todd & I has only grown deeper and wider (and has been infested by more poisonous and man-eating sea monsters) over the past year, I still have no intention of leaving. [If he left, however, I wouldn't be devastated. Life would go on. Whatever. Ah, I'm such a romantic. Sorry for getting all sappy and emotional on you. I'm working on that.]

Staying together. Hmm. Whether it's for the kids, for some hopeful ideal, or a substitution for self-mutilation, it seems like the thing to do. Why not? Do I really have anything better to do?

So...

'appy New Year to you.
'appy New Year to me.

For you, 'appy means "happy."

For me, the jury is still out.
It could mean "happy," but it could also just be an abbreviation for apathetic.
Maybe 'appy is more fitting than I even realized when I started off with this babbling...
the decision to be happy no matter what is in a way being apathetic about one's circumstances.


If anyone actually reads this, feel free to chime in. Since everything seems to be done by on-line vote these days....

Vote for whether I should be happy or apathetic (or both) in 2011.
Vote for whether I should stay with Todd or become a lesbian (or both) in 2011.


2 comments:

  1. Lesbian would be the perfect out! :) why not! break out in style and really send "the good girl" into shock therapy!

    ReplyDelete